We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from killarney to galway?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
bus from killarney to galway?

In addition to Bus eirann, is there a daily citylink bus from killarney to galway?

If not, were I to take a bus eirann bus from killarney to limerick and citylink from limerick to galway, is the buseirann dropoff near the citylink limerick pickup? how do you get from one to the other?

or is there a better bus routing from killarney to galway as the train is at least 2 hours longer?

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Citylink don't operate in Kerry.

As per your similar post, why don't you take Bus Éireann all the way from Killarney to Galway?

Bus is best, taking the train involves up to 3 changes and travels over mostly rural lines that are not in a straight line between Killarney and Galway.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

will do that-was trying to avoid a 1 1/2 hr layover in limerick.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Bean A can help you while away those 90 minutes in Limerick !!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

The layover is only 10 mins according to the timetable posted in the OPs other thread

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

BUSEIREANN.IE / JOURNEYPLANNER

Killarney to Limerick city # 14

Limerick to Galway city # X 51

the Citylink bus stop is no where near the

bus station so stick with Bus Eireann

estimated wait time in Limerick 70 mins

departing Killarney at 10, 12, or 14 hours.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Already answered in the other thread!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

what's bean A?

I s there an attraction like an old church, monastery, interesting building, georgian houses that can be seen within 50 minutes of my 1.20 hour Limerick lavyover and if so, where can I check our carryons?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,371 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

I've just posted on your other thread - I'm Bean A.

Also as stated on your other thread, you are better off getting another Bus Eireann Bus to Galway. Getting down to the Citylink stop in Henry Street will take some time AND I've seen people get left behind by Citylink when there are too many people, whereas Bus Eireann will put on another bus if necessary.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

to get the x51 express with the 15 minute layover, do you have to book separately killarney to limerick and then limerick to galway? When I went on the buseirann website, and tried thru journey planner to reserve killarney to limerick, i was matched with a 10am-1205 bus to killarney and a later bus than t he 1215-145 limerick to killarney express x 51 with the 15 minute layover connection fora trip that was at least 1 hour longer.. .

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

That's strange, the journey planner seems to suggest the following X51 service at 13:15, perhaps they're playing it extra safe in case of a late arrival from Killarney. Their own timetable at www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360753065-054.pdf (as linked in your other thread) has the Killarney bus connecting into the 12:15 X51 service.

Buy a through ticket, I don't believe there's any saving if you buy separate tickets. You are aware that you don't buy a ticket for a specific time, tickets are valid on all services that day?

Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations