We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

Galway Budget Rent a Car, in Eyre Square in down town of Galway (Ireland) try deceive to customer.

They require me a extra charge for compulsory insurance that I already paid when I booked for your website. Spoiled my holidays, I refuse paid 140 Euros extra and can't take the car.

Hope this post serve for no cheat again

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

insurance is normally included in quotes. are you sure that this charge was not for the excess insurance? if so, you had the option of not taking scdw, but allowing a hold on your cc.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

When others times I rented a car with a big company they offered me a basic insurance with options to take a full insurance, excess insurance, etc. I choose my options but always I can take the car with the website price.

This time they cheated me. Pay a extra insurance (140€ extra compulsory charge is too) or I don't give you the car. Maybe they got people payed for no spoiled their holidays.

I complained for it in Budget website and hope they change this behaviour

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

Perhaps you should also complain to these people

http://www.eccireland.ie/topic.php?topic=12

However, the car hire company will probably claim that they could not put the required hold on your credit card so could not give you the car.

There is a need for proper regulation of the car hire industry and an absolute standardisation of the information provided.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

For your unfortunate experience to be helpful information to other travellers it would be useful to know details like whether you booked directly with Budget or through an agent/consolidator, how much you paid, and which insurances and excesses were included - noting the difference between basic CDW and super cover.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

Thank you for your message, I made the complain in this website, hope help to others car renters to beware of this renter cars

Regards

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

I booked through Budget website www.budget.com for to rent a Ford Ka between 22th and 25th Sept, pick up and drop off in Galway (Ireland), I payed 60,69 € when booked, I want only compulsory insurance and not choosed super cover insurance.

22th morning in Budget rent a car in Eyre Square in Galway asked me 140€ for compulsory Irish insurance.

Even I asked them if I make a reservation from Irish Budget website if I'd have paid extra charge about the price will give me for the website. 113 € for Irish website and 80 Euros extra than neither could you read in your website.

My travel guide ad about cheated for rent a car a seems i've been one of them

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

full details are still vague, but did you really expect to get a car for 15€ per day? surely you would have realised that there was something wrong here? it is looking to be more than likely that you did not really check what you booked for. there would have been a printed confirmation that would clearly state what was included and what was not. did you read it? if you booked on their American website, there could be a reason why insurance was not included. that is because americans usually have the insurance covered by their cc

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

Making a test booking of a Ford Ka (or similar) for 3 days in October I get a ridiculous price of EUR258 with Budget.com. Through Budget.ie a price of EUR48 to be paid now plus EUR28 location fee to be paid on pick up. This is including CDW with an excess of EUR1350 and an option for supercover (excess waiver) EUR16,75 per day. All this quite clear in the booking process and terms and conditions before I need to pay. So the max they should ask you to pay at the desk is about EUR80 (assuming your card wasn't approved for the deposit of EUR1350 and you have to buy excess waiver) plus a hold/deposit for fuel - could that be EUR60? If you are under 25 and that was not declared at time of booking then maybe they are asking for young driver surcharge?

Did you end up being charged for Excess waiver, fuel deposit and young driver?

If not as guessed above then you have good right to complain.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 12:26
Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

I'm 48 and 30 years my license car, they didn't try make a deposit in my credit card and neither talked about deposit for fuel, I assumed that pick up the car with tank fuel full and drop off full. They told me these extra charge is for compulsory insurance and they'll take a deposit in my credit card for possible damages in the car not covered for insurance.

We think than they want take a extra Euros for insurance thinking we payed for no spoiled our holidays

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Galway Budget Rent a Car try deceive to customers

one moment you say that they didn't take a deposit on your cc, then you say they did.

it appears that you may not have read the initial deal properly. you will have received an account from the company. perhaps you could write out the make up of charges. but if the charges were all correct, then it is not fair to criticise any company.

did you write to budget? if so, you could ask them how the charge was made up, lets hear their side of the story.

Get answers to your questions about Galway