We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good pub to watch football

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
good pub to watch football

hi,i am gonna be in galway this afternoon and i am looking for a good bar that shows the football live on tv? it a Manchester united game.any suggestions?

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good pub to watch football

Fagans@The Meyrick, The Skeff, Garveys, theyre all in Eyre Square, plenty more down town too.

bedworth
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good pub to watch football

massive screen in The Kings Head - good atmosphere lovely drink and food, many screens in the Quays so guaranteed a good view, and Monroes also with a roaring open fire, pint of guiness & black - have done them all last week watching various games - always a good atmosphere whoever is playing, Liverpool and United fans everywhere .... and those not wanting either of them to win either!! but all in good fun - would def like to be back there this week

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: good pub to watch football

The OP has long since been and gone. Pity they never came back though.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good pub to watch football

They never do.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good pub to watch football

Hi rojo, I am heading to Galway tomorrow for a couple of days.

Do you think the same pubs you suggested previously would be good places to watch the hurling tomorrow?

I know Galway very well, but have never actually gone out to a pub to watch a game there:-)

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good pub to watch football

Fagans is no longer there so that's out. Garveys should be busy.the quays and Spanish arch possibly too.the fail always seem to have the tv left on and gets a good crowd for food too

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: good pub to watch football

Were I in Galway, I'd be in the Skeff.

www.skeffington.ie/

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good pub to watch football

Thanks for the suggestions, rojo and lordkimmage. We realised when we got to Galway that the hurling replay was not being shown on any tv station.

It was raining when we arrived, so we ended up heading in to the Skeff for a sandwich and to watch the football matches instead.

We had a lovely few days in Galway despite the rain, and managed to visit quite a few pubs in between the showers:-)

Thanks again

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good pub to watch football

Glad ye enjoyed.

10. Re: good pub to watch football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 07:17