We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

Republic of Mancunia
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

Hello,

I'm planning ahead for a visit to Galway next April or May and I am trying to find suitable accommodation for a group of 20 men. (average age will be approaching 50!)

I appreciate that there won't be many hotels or guest houses who cater for all male parties, but any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

April is still a little before the bulk of tourist season hits. You've also the benefit of not being stereotyped as 20 males still of college age. I can't imagine you'll encounter much of a problem- in fact many inns might be excited to have a party of 20 to help revenue before peak tourist season. Would recommend trying a few different spots, but I would imagine you shouldn't encounter much of a problem.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

You wont have any problem at all if you go with one of the bigger hotels. I stayed in Jurys Inn Galway this summer for my friends birthday there was 25 of us and we had a great time there.

http://www.jurysinns.com/

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

Jurys would be a good option.

close into the "Spanish Quarter" and other possibilities. Grab a local paper to see whats going on unless you have specific plans.

Edited: 30 October 2013, 13:56
Republic of Mancunia
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

Thank you all for your help.

I've read a couple of other suggestions alongside Jurys, such as Imperial or Skeffingtons..

Any thoughts?

Rhfode Island
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

love the bar at "the Skeff"

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,063 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

I'd go with the Skeff, you might prefer this one though.

www.harbour.ie/

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

The Skeff and Imperial would be fine for ye, both are used to large groups like yours and both are right in Eyre Squarer where you will inevitably arrive on bus or train.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

Another vote for the Skeff. I just spent a couple of hours in the bar there this afternoon and there was a great buzz around.

They definitely are not fazed by big groups.

9. Re: Accommodation for an all male party of 20 in Galway Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations