We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eyre Square Query

Essex
1 post
Save Topic
Eyre Square Query

Does anyone know the name of the stone mason guy in Eyre Square? Hope to visit him again on our next trip.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eyre Square Query

oops I drove past but didn't notice the name - sorry

perhaps they have an online yellow pages - think its called the golden pages there!

Galway, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eyre Square Query

His name is Padraig O' Conaire famous Irish and Galway writer in the irish laguage.

Poor Padraig has had his head knocked off and three different homes in the past few years and has finally found refuge in the helm of the new Galway Visitors Museum which is located beside the Spanish arch. Part of the concern about Padraig was also due to concerns over enviromental corrosion due to pollution as poor auld padraig is a soft auld fella and only made of limestone.

I think he is happy in his new home which is very stylish as is the newly renovated eyre square, which was padraigs old home.

We wish him well in his new dwelling.

Hope this answersa your question..

Regard

Shane

Galway

Galway, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eyre Square Query

His name is Padraig O' Conaire famous Irish and Galway writer in the irish laguage.

Poor Padraig has had his head knocked off and three different homes in the past few years and has finally found refuge in the helm of the new Galway Visitors Museum which is located beside the Spanish arch. Part of the concern about Padraig was also due to concerns over enviromental corrosion due to pollution as poor auld padraig is a soft auld fella and only made of limestone.

I think he is happy in his new home which is very stylish as is the newly renovated eyre square, which was padraigs old home.

We wish him well in his new dwelling.

Hope this answersa your question..

Regard

Shane

Galway

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eyre Square Query

I read the message as wanting to know the name of the stone mason guy just off eyre square, you read it as wanting to know the name of the stone statue guy just off eyre square.

wonder which one of us is right?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,484 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eyre Square Query

I did a search for Stonemasons in Galway in the Golden Pages but didn't come up with anything for you.

However, this is the page to use to search.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/displayhome.ds

6. Re: Eyre Square Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Galway