We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: traveling to Galway

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Re: traveling to Galway

Hi all I am looking at taking my very first overseas trip to your beautiful country and am wondering what the best option is, whether I go from Dublin to Galway first or go to cork first? I am traveling from Australia and have never traveled overseas before and am nervous. I am looking at traveling October 2014.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: traveling to Galway

You need to set points on an itinerary of places you want to see and things you want to do. No need at all to be nervous but you do need some basic points in place before deciding or being advised.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: traveling to Galway

Driving in Ireland is different only that the roads are narrow and twisty so you need to calculate less speed and more time for congestion compared to Australia.

Otherwise a piece of cake - enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: traveling to Galway

This question is going to seem nieve but what currency is used in Galway? Is it the euro or sterling and would it be the same in cork and Dublin? It's very confusing.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: traveling to Galway

The Euro is used in the Republic, Sterling is used in the 6 Counties of Northern Ireland.

www.destination360.com/maps/ireland-map.gif

5. Re: Re: traveling to Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:18