We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bowling Green...
1 post
Save Topic
Day Trips

Myself and 4 friends will be staying in Galway for 3 nights in late May. We're definitely planning on going to the Cliffs and possibly Aran Islands. My question is this: would we be better off booking these trips in advance? Or should we simply wait until our arrival and fly by the seat of our pants? Just curious as to if it would be cheaper to book in advance and also if weather is a big factor around that time? I'd hate to book a trip and then get some terrible weather with no plan B. We're all in our early twenties so cheaper the better. We also love for a fast pace experience. Any and all advice would be great! Thanks

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,115 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips

Book as and when once you arrive no one can predict the weather for late May at the beginning of February.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips

Its also no cheaper in advance so just turn up on the day or the day before maybe for Aran and buy your tickets.

3. Re: Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Galway