We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour companies

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour companies

Hi-

I would like to take a day tour from Galway to see the Cliffs of Moher and then another to see Connemara and Cong. I have narrowed down the tour companies to either Healy's or Galway Tour Company. The tours seem very much the same. If anyone has taken tours from either of these businesses- can you give me an opinion on which is better- and why?

Jean

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour companies

There is no difference worth thinking about between any of the tour companies operating out of Galway.

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour companies

I cannot speak of Healy's, but I have taken three tours with the Galway Tour Company and each one has been perfect. It was apparent that obvious thought had gone into carrying out the itinerary and making adjustments in the drive as necessary. I particularly recommend their Connemara day trip. As an independent traveler I'm fairly judgmental on "group tours" in general; however all of these tours were quite enjoyable and good value. Try to get your driver to stay a little bit longer in Cong.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 01:16
Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour companies

As Tony says, theres no difference really, all are very good.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour companies

Thanks for the information. I think we have decided to go with Galway Tour for both the Cliffs of Moher and the Connemara trip.

5. Re: Day tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18