We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Galway center

SoNE
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Galway center

How hard is it to find parking in Galway on a weekend in May? I will have just come from Dublin Airport, arriving in Galway sometime Saturday afternoon, my first day driving on the left side of the road (from North America), so I'm not too keen on driving all over just to find a place to park the car for the night. Apparently a public car park is adjacent to the Radisson Blu, where I am booked for the night, but I read somewhere that it isn't easy to find a place to park there. Can anyone lend any advice or their thoughts on the topic? I would like to stay in city center and park with the least amount of hassle!

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Galway center

These handy little maps should help when you do get specific details:

nuigalway.ie/international/documents/galway_…

galwaycity.ie/AllServices/…

http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/directions

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,772 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Galway center

There's a special rate for guests in the car park under the hotel.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Galway center

There are 2 multistory/underground car parks at the hotel, one adjacent to it and one directly opposite. You'll have no problem with finding a place. ( Incidentally, the Radisson hotel is lovely). If you want any tips re: Galway itself, pm me, I'll be happy to help ( I live there )

Edited: 23 February 2014, 22:07
SoNE
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Galway center

Thank you for the replies! I am aware of the public car park attached to the Radisson (available at a reduced rate through the hotel) but I had read some reviews of the hotel online that claimed that parking there was difficult, as in the car park fills up quickly. I was concerned that the car parks may be at capacity on a Saturday afternoon in May and was dreading going from car park to car park, looking for a place to park.

docgolf- glad to hear you think highly of the Radisson. We are only in Galway for one night but I think we will be pleased with our accommodations!

5. Re: Parking in Galway center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Galway