We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

Hi,

My parents and I are planning an 8 -9 day trip around Dublin, Galway and Cork. We intend to rent a car from Dublin then travel the rest of our journey.

My draft itinerary looks like this:

Day 1: Arrive Dublin from London

Day 2: Coach Day tour (around / outside Dublin)

Day 3: Rent car drom Europcar Dublin, head to Galway

Day 4: Explore Galway city

Day 5: Galway to Connemara, return to Galway.

Day 6: Galway to Cliffs of Moher (via Burren coastal road, Pass by Doolin, Lisdoonvarna, Ballyvaughan and Kinvarra).......... And then I'm a bit stuck. I'm not sure if we should spend a night at Cliffs of Moher, Shannon, Limerick (or other small pretty towns along the way), or should we do the 3 hour + and drive all the way from the Cliffs of Moher to Cork?

Any suggestions would be helpful. We're not so much into Museums or art galleries.

Thanks so much.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

You could stay in Ennis after visiting the cliffs. Good restaurants and nightlife there

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

Shannon is nothing but an airport and industrial estate, and Limerick is not a small pretty town, it is a huge busy city. So Ennis is a good alternative.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

Thank you very much for your comments. Ennis it is then :)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

Ennistymon is a very pretty small country town built beside a river with a fabulous 'falls'. It's close to Lahinch, Ennis and is on the edge of the Burren. It might fit the bill for you.

http://www.clare-tour.com/area/Ennistymon/

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

Are you intending to base yourself in Cork City or are you aiming for West Cork?

If it's the latter, I would definitely stop en route. Ennis is fine as a choice. Other possibilities could be Killaloe, Kilrush or Kilkee. Limerick is interesting enough too, but is a city and not a town.

I wouldn't stop anywhere between Limerick and Cork. Mallow is the most interesting of the towns between the two, but at that point you're only 20 minutes short of Cork City.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

I think I'll be staying in Cork city because there's so much to do / see in Cork, and it would be good to stay for at least 2 nights.

7. Re: Dublin, Galway and Cork Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations