We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Shannon airport

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Topic
getting to Shannon airport

Returning to Shannon airport from Galway on Saturday morning. I have a 12:45 flight. What's the best way to get to the airport?

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Shannon airport

The Bus Eireann "51" route leaves Galway train station at 5 minutes past every hour to Limerick. It travels via Shannon Airport, taking @ 1 hr 45 min to get there.

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360753025-051.pdf

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Shannon airport

Thanks so much. Do they run reliably, even on a Saturday morning? Looks like I would need the first one of the morning. Just a little nervous about missing the plane!

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Shannon airport

They are a national bus service therefore they run reliably every day of the week.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Shannon airport

They are very reliable ( I used to work for them). There is no chance of the bus not departing on time. If they have a problem with a particular bus, they replace with another immediately.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Shannon airport

Might be worth your while just familiarising yourself with the station, busstop, ticket office etc one day during the week if you have a few minutes to spare, piece of mind and all that.

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to Shannon airport

Thanks so much! I feel better.

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to Shannon airport

Thanks so much. Neurotic behavior being managed!

8. Re: getting to Shannon airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Galway