We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus to the races

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle bus to the races

I intend to attend the Galway Races at the end of July, coming from Doolin. I have figured out the train schedule from Gort, and I understand there are shuttle buses from the city center to the race course, and return. My question is this: are the shuttle buses dedicated transportation to and from the race course, or would I take a regularly scheduled city bus? Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

The shuttle buses are dedicated for the races and are very plentiful. They are the best way of getting to/from the racecourse

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

If your driving maybe look at driving as far as oranmore large frer car park and more trains each way. Its only an extra 20 min drive

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

Why are you getting the train, it takes far longer and is more expensive than a bus. If it were me id get the bus eireann bus to Galway and then just walk up Eyre Square to catch one of the many buses to Ballybrit. They leave from outside the Skeff pub.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

Got to disagree to Rojo. The bus may be delayed by traffic during race week, even allowing for the dedicated bus lanes. The train will get you there stress free in 55 minutes from Gort for 12 euro day return ( adult). The Bus may take longer and have to negotiate traffic particularly coming into Oranmore and costs 10.45 adult day return. The bus takes 50 minutes on a normal day

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

No traffic issues if you leave early enough. Especially for the evening meetings.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

Thank you all for your responses. The information was exactly what I was seeking, as well as providing some choices for my travel.

7. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 13:43
Abroad
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

You are right. Shuttle buses are very important.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,529 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

Shuttle busses are very important as are shuttle trains and shuttlecocks.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle bus to the races

Spam is a lot less important though.