We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel shuttle to galway races?

Kennett Square...
2 posts
Save Topic
hotel shuttle to galway races?

We plan on going to the Galway races on tues 7/29. Do any of the hotels provide shuttle service to and from the racetrack? We are traveling with a family of 5 including 3 teenagers.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

If you have not booked your accommodation that would be your first problem, you are not going to be able to pick and choose a hotel at this late stage, you will be lucky to get anything, let alone bothering with how to get to the races.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

Agree with above at this late stag I would book accomadation and figure out how to get yo the races after

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

There are still hotels available such as The Menlo Park, Clayton, Pillo etc, a quick check on Trivago or booking.com shows that. As for shuttles, ive never heard of any doing it. The easiest way is to queue for the designated races bus outside the Skeff on Eyre Square with everyone else. €5 one way and €9 return usually but it may have risen.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

If you book 1 of the mentioned hotels Clayton you can walk to the races other 2 with 5 people I would call a taxi (obviously ask for a 7 seater)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 10:38
Kennett Square...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

Thanks for your input. I just booked at the radisson blu. I will look for a bus near there.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

Like i said youll need to get one of the designated races buses from the top left corner of Eyre Square, outside Cafe Express to be precise, you cant miss them.

7. Re: hotel shuttle to galway races?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Galway