We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

can anyone help. im looking to go to galway for a weekend in october and cant decide on which hotel. the couryart by marriott on the headford point or the flannerys best western on the dublin road.

i need one to be very central and these are the only 2 coming up available for my dates.

thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,082 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

I'm not sure I'd call either of these places "central", but you can easily get to the city center from either one of them. A "healthy" walk of 10-15 minutes or a bus or taxi.

NW Indiana (near...
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

We stayed at the Courtyard in Galway last year for three nights. It's not exactly close to the city but there are a lot of cabs outside. It's a very modern hotel if that's what you like. Coming from the US and being a Marriott Platinum member it wasn't what I wanted in Ireland... too much like what we have in the US. But, I don't know if you would like an ultra modern decor.

It was a good hotel, not great, but I have no complaints. Breakfast was good each morning, service was average. I wouldn't spend any time there. It would be a good place to just stay the night. There were a lot of business meetings there so the bar would get real crowded all of a sudden if a large meeting let out.

In comparison, I enjoyed the Marriott in Enfield and the Marriott Druids Glen much more. But, that doesn't really apply to your situation. All in all, it was a good hotel but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again. If I had to, I would be fine with it...

Hope this helps, somewhat...

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

I would defintitely go for the Marriott. I stayed there during the Summer and found it very pleasant. I think Flannerys is a bit further out and is a much older hotel, haven't been in it for years.

The Marriott is only about a 10 minute walk from the city centre but there are a lot of hotels which would be right in town e.g. Radisson, Fairgreen, Great Southern(a bit pricey)

I'm wondering if it is the bank holdiay weekend you are coming i.e. the last weekend in October, that would make it more difficult to find somewhere.

4. Re: courtyard by marriott or the best western flannerys hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:17