We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

Sligo
14 posts
Save Topic
day trip

hi, were staying in clare for a week in 1st week of july and wanted to come to kerry via shannon ferries for day trip. We are a family of 5 with ages 12,5 and 3. Any suggestions on where to head for that daytrip

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip

Ballybunion, Listowel in Co, Kerry and Foynes Co Limerick

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip

Depends where in Clare? between the North west and south west is an hour of travel or 2 hours on a return journey. From Ballyvaughan, Killarney would be about 4 hours by ferry 3 buy the Tunnel similar times to Dingle. Whereas from Kilkee you can knock just over an hour off the times via ferry.

Where would you prefer to go? I remember going to Wales as a youngster every September for 15 years and for probably 10 of those years I remember the worst part ... Wednesday a full day breakfast till supper in the car to spend about an hour somewhere my dad wanted to see.. He loved it we as Kids hated it.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip

I would stick with North Kerry, somewhere like Banna Strand. The peninsulas are too far with children for a day trip in my view

Edited: 12 June 2013, 12:34
Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip

I'd agree that North Kerry would be enough travelling. Listowel is lovely for a stroll and the older members of the family could visit the Writers Museum in the Seanachaí centre. (, There is a free car park just past the Catholic church, on the right as you head towards Tralee.). If the day is wet, the Aquadome in Tralee is good fun. Banna and Ballyheigue have fantastic beaches. At Banna surf lessons are available. The County Museum in Tralee is worth a visit. The Town Park is just beside that with a kids play area and spectacular rose gardens.

5. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:17