We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Dinner in Blarney

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Dinner in Blarney

Will be passing through Blarney between 6 and 7pm on Friday. Looking for recommendations on somewhere for a quick reasonably priced dinner. Good pub grub would be perfect

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

Without heading into Cork City, my pick for the best in the area is Blair's Inn, which is a short distance away in Cloghroe

http://www.blairsinn.ie/#!menu/c24tf

It's not the cheapest though.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

Hi Soonas, Blarney would not be known as 'eatery heaven'. Where else will you be passing?

I'm not familiar with Blairs Inn as per Blackgreen, so can't comment.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,475 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

The bar food in the hotel is good. And no problem parking.

www.blarneywoollenmillshotel.com/

Edited: 26 March 2014, 20:10
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

Am heading to Blarney Golf Resort and as we are eating there on Saturday night, I was looking for somewhere for Friday night. Travelling from Dublin

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

Ah Soonas, treat yourself, come into town, tons of great eateries there. However, if you just want to fill up before hitting the 'resort', then take Lord Kimmages advice.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

Thanks for the responses

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,475 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

You're welcome and many thanks for saying thanks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

I'd broadly agree with going into Cork City. There's also a few options in Ballincollig, which is easier to get into than Cork City. Banna Thai is a good Thai restaurant there.

If you're still interested in Blair's Inn, it's actually a good bit closer to the golf resort than the town of Blarney - you should be able to drive it in a bit over 5 minutes. I can recommend the food. It's just a little expensive compared to what you normally get in a pub.

9. Re: Quick Dinner in Blarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16