OK, so after reading more we added two days to our trip to Ireland. Clauds, you had a lot of good advice before. Does this now sound more reasonable:
- Tuesday: travel to Killarney, stay overnight.
- Wednesday: ROK OR Dingle, stay overnight.
- Thursday: Gap of Dunloe tour OR Muckross House. It looks to me like the Gap tour concludes around 4pm. I am sure we would be satisfied with a trip to Muckross ending by 4pm. Then drive to Cahir, stay overnight.
- Friday: Cahir Castle AND Rock of Cashel AND Kilkenny Castle, overnight in Kilkenny. I am concerned about this being too much, but if we get out of our Cahir hotel by 10am, I have read that one hour or so for both Cahir and the Rock of Cashel is sufficient. With only a quick bite for lunch, we should be at Kilkenny by 2-3pm, right? I am hoping the rest of that afternoon, evening and overnight in Kilkenny is enough to enjoy it.
- Saturday: Drive to Newgrange. Then onto Dublin Airport to drop of car. Get into Dublin in time for dinner.
- Sunday & Monday: Full days in Dublin.
- Leave early Tuesday.
How does this sound? I suppose we could leave Killarney first thing on Thursday and go to Kilkenny via Cahir & Cashel, and then spend two nights in Kilkenny, allowing a full Friday there. But I would like to see the Gap tour, if at all possible.
Thanks again for all your help!