We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble getting a room

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble getting a room

We have been trying to get a room in Dingle for later this month but both of my first two desired choices are unavailable. Any suggestions? Should we not base ourselves in Dingle and move onto Killarney? Would we then just drive through Dingle and leave? I really want to stay in Dingle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,597 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble getting a room

Which places are unavailable? Perhaps someone could recommend similar accommodations, I'd be surprised if the whole town were sold out. Is it a weekend?

Shepherd, Michigan
Level Contributor
232 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble getting a room

Marla,

Unless you plan to spend a whole lot of time in your B&B 3rd, 4th, and 5th choice will work out just fine. Don't pass up Dingle. I'm returning for my third visit in two weeks. Besides, you might run into the same problem in Killarney anyway. Just keep looking and don't be discouraged. There are many B&Bs that will be comfortable and welcoming besides the top listed ones.

Kelly

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble getting a room

I contacted the Emlaugh, Heatons, and the Pax and one other that looked nice on the Internet. All three booked solid. So, I decided that I would look elsewhere. Then I tried Killarney. The place there I wanted to stay looks good; but then I heard on TA to stay in Kenmare instead of Killarney if I want a more scenic and relaxing place to be. Now, I am deciding between Dingle and Kenmare. Such decisions. Would it be good to stay right on Johns Street in Dingle? I also found the Dingle Skellig Hotel & Peninsula Spa, Castlewood, and Greenmount. I can write them today, but don't know if they will be booked as well since they look popular. Which would you pick?

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble getting a room

If you want relaxing & scenic try the Lake Hotel at Killarney,it's certainly fits ther bill on both of those scores,good luck!

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble getting a room

i would second the lake hotel in Killarney - its magical.

Kerry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble getting a room

Marla

Have you tried this site

http://www.reddotdeals.ie/

You may find something that will suit you

7. Re: Trouble getting a room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 07:26