We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puck Fair

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Puck Fair

Hi, we are going to be in Killarney this August and wonder if anyone has comments about Puck Fair. is it worth it? Could we get a cab from Killarney to the Fair? Or is it too much money? Thank you for all comments!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puck Fair

This is just a personal view, but I would avoid Puck Fair unless you like rough and boisterous. A lot of alcohol is consumed and it is a bit unpleasant.

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puck Fair

Thanks for the feedback!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puck Fair

Best avoided, I think has become a major drink fest and attracts some less than lovely people.

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puck Fair

Thanks, now I know I am going to skip it!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,423 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puck Fair

I was reluctant to respond because I hadn't personally been, but the other responses back up what I've heard from family and friends in Ireland. There are plenty of fun festivals to head to in Ireland but the Puck Fair apparently isn't one of them.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puck Fair

I always feel sorry for the poor goat. . .

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puck Fair

we went a few years back and wouldnt go again, you definitely need wellies as the main street is ankle deep in s***.

PS Lolly, I was concerned about the goat, but he actually seemed very contented, chewing away on his platform, not distressed at all. Couldnt say the same for all the ponies though.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puck Fair

Avoid avoid avoid.... Did I say avoid?

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puck Fair

If you are in the area during the day you may wish to stop by to check out the daily activities but I would not hire a taxi from Killarney to take you there and back and, as the others have said, not venture their at night unless you were looking for a lively street party fueled by lots of alcohol.

http://www.puckfair.ie/

Edited: 09 June 2012, 16:49
Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puck Fair

Thank you everyone!!