We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

What would be the fastest easiest way to get from Killarney to the Cliffs of Mohr then return to Dublin? I am taking the rail from Dublin to Killarney. Considering renting a car in Killarney for ROK tour or book day trip with Corcoran. Not excited about driving but I can to stop where I want on ROK and to get to Cliffs of Mohr if that is the easiest way...also not opposed to bus or rail.

Thanks

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Get the bus to Limerick. Take a tour and then train back from Limerick.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

As Tony has stated you can get a bus from Killarney to Limerick then take a tour from Limerick to the Cliffs

Barratt Tours are the only company that operate out of Limerick but they are a reliable company and I'm happy to recommend them www.4tours.biz/

Alternatively drive from Killarney to the Cliffs, then up to Galway and over to Dublin Airport. Leave your car back in Dublin Airport and get a bus into Dublin City.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Would it be difficult to drive myself from Killarney to the Cliffs? The bus stops 18 times before reaching Limerick? Unless I would get stuck driving behind the bus making a self drive stop 18 times as well :)

Thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Its easy enough to drive from Killarney to the Cliffs.

Take the road to Limerick, then on the outskirts follow the signs for the airport and the Shannon tunnel (toll €1.90). Then once you come out of the tunnel follow the signs for Ennis.

At Ennis follow the signs for Lahinch and once you get beyond Ennis you will see the signs for the Cliffs.

The road from Killarney to Adare is generally good. Then you have motorway/motorway type road until Ennis. The roads are slower after Ennis but its only 30 minutes drive.

routes.aaireland.ie

Even someone like ME can do it ;o))

Edited: 06 May 2013, 21:52
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Thanks for all the advice and directions.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Hey Bean, planned to drop rental car in Shannon, taxi to Limerick to catch rail to Dublin that night. Just read a post you suggested in 2011 just to drive to Dublin and return car there. Is this still your recommendation? Staying at Premier Inn at Dublin airport that night for 9am flight out next day. What is the price of gas now?

Thanks

Ogden Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

I just got back: Dublin to Glendalough to Cork to Killarny to Doolin and back to Dublin. Once out of Dublin driving isnt too chalenging. Killarny to Doolin is a fairly easy. Parking near Doolin ferries and Cliffs is very easy. Cliffs before 6pm you pay to park (not too much) and after just park for free and walk to cliffs. It would cost 30 euros to pick up and drop car off in different town. 160 euro a litre was the petro price.

Ogden Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Also, the motorway M6 (I think) goes right from Galway/Shannon to Dublin airport 3 1/2 hours drive. A few tolls.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

Walkietalkie, if you're heading to the Premier Inn, then drop the car back at the airport in Dublin the night before and get a cab or a courtesy bus back to your hotel.

If you get the train to Dublin you'll then have to take a bus to the airport and it has the potential to be confusing.

Have a lovely trip.

10. Re: Killarney-Cliffs of Mohr-Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:17