We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gap of dunloe

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
gap of dunloe

how long would it take to walk the gap of dunloe if you wanted to forgo the horse and cart ?

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gap of dunloe

Do you mean to walk to the top and back or to do the walk as far as the boats and return that way?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gap of dunloe

I did this once before two summers ago. We did the gap of dunloe tour where a bus picked us up from our hotel and drove us to the place where the horse and carts were . We took the carts to the place where the boats were and the boat took us to ross castle. I stayed at ross castle to tour a bit and took a cab back to my hotel.

So the reason i ask if i can walk it ( it seemed really looooong to walk) but it was so beautiful and the guy pulling the horse cart rarely allowed us to stop and take pictures and the scenery was so stunning i would have loved to walk it at the time. But i do remember it was really far....and all uphill

3. Re: gap of dunloe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:18