We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Killarny?

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
4 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in Killarny?

we are 2, 24 year old females and will be in Killarney for 2 to 3 nights, travelling by bus, train, whatever... Can anyone recommend a cute place in or near Killarny that will give us a real Irish experience? We are looking for a cute cottage/b&b type of place, not terribly expensive (haha) We have been backpacking thru Europe for the last 5 weeks and are ending our trip in Ireland...

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,934 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

Define the following terms:

"not terribly expensive"

"a real Irish experience"

And which is more important ambience or cost?

minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

well cost would be less than 60 euro a night .. there are so many b&b's and guest houses to choose from it would be great just to get a reference or two...farmhouse, guest house, b&b.. i think ambiance is most important, we would splurge for one of our last nights.. have been in hostels for 5 weeks...

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186612-d213125…

They have discounts for multiple nights.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 08:12
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,934 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

Friars Glen, as above, gets great reviews.

For something very close to town try Sunnybank http://www.sunnybankbb.com/

For budget try the Sugan. It gets great reviews http://www.suganhostelkillarney.com/

For something a little different try Muckross Stables http://www.muckross-stables.com/

minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

thanks for these, we seem to be hitting on a last minute weekend where there is a gathering or something going on,and none of those places had availability once we made an inquiry... so found a room thankfully and Larkinly Lodge, so hopefully it will be great, Thanks for the ideas..

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

We stayed at Larkinley Lodge and loved it. Very nice, modern and comfortable rooms and very close walk to bars, restaurants and shops. Toni was incredibly friendly and helpful, full of suggestions for us in terms of places to eat, pubs to visit and directions to the things we wanted to see. You will not be disappointed. I wouldn't call it "cute" in that it is more contemporary in decor but very nice. And I think you will be happy with the close proximity to the town center. I got up the next morning while dh slept in and walked over all town by myself.

What a great adventure backpacking through Europe in your twenties. I traveled throughout Europe during a study abroad semester in college and will encourage all of my kids to do the same when they are old enough! Hope you have enjoyed your trip!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

Oops, I just realized I somehow bumped up a thread that is a couple weeks old! Too late for my advice but just the same, hope you had a great time.

California, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

try airbnb website. a friend recommended it to me and i'm so glad! found a room rental/b&b in dublin for about $45, and in killarney for about 60-75 per night. good luck.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,934 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

Jessie, just to confirm that prices here are in Euros (€1 is about $1.33). I'd hate you to get a big shock when you get over.

10. Re: where to stay in Killarny?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:22