We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
296 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

i am going to new york end october for 5 nights,am checking numerous websites ,should i wait for prices to drop or is it hard to find a decent place at this time,

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

Fall in NY is beutiful. Mid week prices are not likely to drop, they are driven by business travel. It's usually cheaper on the weekends, but there is not a ton of flexibility. Keep an eye on the rates, but don't wait too long.

Paul G.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

Hi, car39.

Have you looked at the Chelsea Lodge? It is a very small hotel/inn. I think the rates are very reasonable for NYC ($99 per night) and I recently read a nice review of it in the travel secion of the Houston Chronicle.

Also...you may get more reponse posting on the New York Forum.

Good luck with your plans.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

Hi Car,

For the past two years we have stayed at the Midtown Comfort Inn on 46th St when visiting NYC. It is about 1/2 block from Times Square and within easy walking distance of subways, Broadway shows and great restaurants. We paid about $150-$160, which is cheap for NY. Adequately clean although the rooms are quite small as most NY hotel rooms are. They have a little breakfast room where you can get fresh NY bagels, Danish pastries, cereals and fruit, so that may save you a bit on breakfast.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking new york hotel october 30th,when to book?

The pickwick arms hotel is brillant location 51st and 2nd Ave and rooms very reasonable, enjoy it, love to go again