We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pub suggestion?

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
pub suggestion?

I will be staying in Killarney the nights of 9/16 & 9/17. Any suggestions for pubs both nights? Good food/traditional atmosphere wanted.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pub suggestion?

This one might fit the bill.

www.dannymannpub.ie/

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pub suggestion?

To me the DannyMann oftentimes has more tourists than locals and I'm not aware of their food having a good reputation - not that I have heard any bad things either. If I had to pick one with a good reputation for both music and food it would have to be www.murphysofkillarney.com/murphysbar.html or next door at www.arbutuskillarney.com/hotel/buckleys-bar for non-commercial traditional music.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pub suggestion?

Many thanks for the links tony.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pub suggestion?

Hi Lordkimmage, yes if you have not been to either of these I highly recommend them.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pub suggestion?

September 17 is a Wednesday! I highly recommend you call ahead and make sure the "Ceili in the Club" is on at Sheehan's in the Killarney Grand.

The restaurant near our B&B (Molly Darcy's) just wasn't our "scene," and our cab driver suggested Sheehan's. The music from the far back room beckoned us and the set dancing was incredible! (For those who may be a bit unclear (as I was), Irish set dancing is NOT step dancing.) In any case, if you ever get the chance to see real Irish set dancing when you are in Ireland, do it! You will be amazed!

killarneygrand.com/our-ceili-in-the-club/#top

Sheehan's definitely has its fair share of tourists, but they offer an eclectic mix of music so they draw an eclectic mix of people -- including locals. I'm very glad we went there on an early October night in 2013. We had a great time!

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
752 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pub suggestion?

Hi. I also like Murphy's. We had a great meal there in November then went to O'Connors pub after. We had a great night on a dreary Tuesday evening. Have a great time! Killarney is always a great place to visit.

7. Re: pub suggestion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:22