We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

Seattle
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

We are spending 2 days of our 5 day trip in Killarney. I'm looking at the Earls Court Hotel and The Lake Hotel. Both look like great hotels and they are reviewed well. I can't decide between the two...any opinions? We are travelling with our two children ages 10 and 12. We are staying in the Waterford Castle before and the Bunratty Castle after Killarney.

Thanks in advance for your help deciding.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

Bunratty Castle is not a hotel. Bunratty Castle is an historic building. The Bunratty Castle Hotel is NOT a castle, its an hotel renovated in the 20th Century that is across the road from a castle.

Both are excellent hotels. However there is lots of space around the Lake Hotel. And there are deer nearby. And there is a ruined castle in the grounds. Its also in a quieter location.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

Earls Court for me great rooms lovely breakfast and nice and quiet so the kids can sleep.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

Since you have kids with you I would go with the Lake Hotel.

4. Re: Earls Court Hotel or The Lake House Hotel? Opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22