We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel

Hi

Advice please. My Mum wants to visit Killarney for her 80th birthday in August. We have visited Ireland before but I would like to make it special for her birthday. Budget wise our choice is Brehon or Lake Hotel. Mum walks with a stick so would need walk in shower and lift..

Thank you for any help.

Scottish43

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,553 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel

Does she have a blue badge?Parking at the Brehon can be difficult, especially if there is a wedding on there.

Not sure if the Lake has a walk in shower but I'd imagine they have at least one accessible room. The Lake is an older and more character-full hotel, I know it would appeal to my 90 year old mother more than the Brehon.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,639 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel

Of the two, I would prefer the Lake. Its a quieter location and its also family run. My Mum is of a similar age and the Lake would be much more down her street.

I would suggest you contact the Lake Hotel directly and ask them about your requirements. Explain that you are taking your Mum over for a special birthday.

3. Re: Which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:18