We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tour companies

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
day tour companies

Hi-

I would like to take a day tour from Killarney to see the Gap of Dunloe and then another to see the Ring of Kerry. I have narrowed down the tour companies to either O' Connors or Deros Tour Company. The tours seem very much the same. If anyone has taken tours from either of these businesses- can you give me an opinion on which is better- and why?

Jean

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tour companies

Gap of Dunloe tours run from Outside one of my favourite bars in Killarney (O'Connors) and offer a combination Bus, Jaunting Cart and Boat day for the Gap. Deros get a lot of hype on the forum but I would suspect that there is little to chose between the main tour companies from Killarney as is the case in Galway

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tour companies

They are both good companies with very good feedback.

Take the tour that suits you best.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day tour companies

Thanks!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,735 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day tour companies

I can only speak for deros and they do a grand job....stop quite a few times for photo ops, for a tea break morning and afternoon, and an hour for lunch....the drivers are very knowledgeable and friendly.......

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day tour companies

Thanks all!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day tour companies

We took the Paddywagon tour last year and it was great. The reviews are under Cork activities as it begins there early in the morning but picks up and drops at Killarney also. We started in Cork on the Friday and came back on the next tour on Saturday. Guides were friendly and knowledgeable, bus was new, Kerry was timeless!!!!!

Edited: 10 March 2014, 16:05
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: day tour companies

For the Gap trip both companies are pretty much the same. They pick you up in Killarney town, drive you to Kate Kearney's Cottage, which is the entrance to the Gap. From there you can hike free or pay for a pony and trap ride the 7 miles through the Gap. After going through the Gap a boat will take you to Ross Castle and a bus back to Killarney, both included in the price. So keep in mind the pony and trap is extra, about 25 euro per person extra. For the all day trip on the bus around the Ring of Kerry, I would look at the type of bus coach that would be more comfortable for your all day trip.

8. Re: day tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:22