We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

Any suggestions for a B & B, or reasonable hotel, close walking distance to pubs, shops, etc. would be appreciated! Thank you.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

Langtons Pub/Hotel, could be a bit pricey though, also Kilford Arms hotel right smack in the centre. There are loads of b/b in Kilkenny, pick out a few and then send in your question again.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,502 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

In April we stayed at the Abbey Lodge B&B. It was about a 5-minute walk to town. There are lots of reviews of this B&B under "Kilkenny Hotels/B&B's", including my own.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,862 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

Recomended the Carriglea earlier today only small but well reviewed. Just past the castle about 3 mins into town.

http://www.carrigleakilkenny.com/jcms/

Cork
Level Contributor
71 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

Would also recommen the Abbey Lodge, quick walk to town saving you money on taxis and the place is lovely. The room felt more like a small boutique hotel than a B&B. And the woman wh runs the place is s nice, very friendy and great for tips and advice!

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
280 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at Dunromin B&B in September. I would stay here again if we return to Kilkenny. I loved it.

Here's a link to the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186616-d213184…

roanoke, va
Level Contributor
156 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

i'll second carriglea. it's a great b&b located right across from the castle grounds and about a 5 minute walk to the town center.

7. Re: Looking for a B & B close to pubs/city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Kilkenny
Recent Conversations