We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdressers and Beauticians

Carrick-on-Shannon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hairdressers and Beauticians

I have a wedding in September in the Newpark Hotel, don't know Kilkenny city at all. Have loads of numbers for Hairdressers and Beauticians but looking for the nearest one. Would anyone know if there are both under the one roof? Or a beauticians that is very close to a hairdresses and handy for parking? Thanks very much in advance

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hairdressers and Beauticians

There is a car park at the Market Cross and the Ormonde Hotel both of which are central to Kilkenny High Street, Keiran Street, Rose Inn Street, and Patrick Street.

Closer to the Newpark Hotel is McDonagh Junction, which has parking and is convenient for John Street.

Using this map, you might be able to work out which places are most conveniently located.

http://www.dng.ie/devpdf/NewQuartPlans.pdf

I am not really the best person to recommend a particular place. Peter Marks is in both McDonagh Junction and the Market Cross. Tony and Guy are close the the Ormonde car park and Beautikke Beauty studio. Haircourt, Gerry Grace and Kieran O'Gorman all have good reputations as hairdressesr locally. Kieran O'Gorman is also listed as a beauty salon. Perhaps best if you make a few phone calls.

Carrick-on-Shannon...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hairdressers and Beauticians

Thank you very, very much for replying. I will indeed give them a call, thanks again.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hairdressers and Beauticians

Just to add Toni and Guy have infact closed down!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hairdressers and Beauticians

Hi Sarah, I am not sure if you are aware that there is an aveda spa and beauty salon at the hotel, so that might make things easier if you can sort somewhere for the hair:-))

flynnhotels.com/Newpark_Hotel_Kilkenny/Escap…

5. Re: Hairdressers and Beauticians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Kilkenny
Recent Conversations