We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kilkenny or not

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
kilkenny or not

My husband will be enjoying your beautiful country in May. We are starting it off with 3 nights in Dublin and then heading down to Kilkenny for 2 nights. Is Kilkenny worth staying as a base for 2 nights or is there another place that is very quaint. After Kilkenny we will be heading off to Killarney for 2 nights.

We were thinking of staying in Dingle for a couple of nights for a base but read that is very touristy. Is there another option, or should I go on the Dingle trip comments.

I would really appreciate some ideas, thanks so much.

Regards Bells54

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: kilkenny or not

Thank you HarveyIreland for your information.

Good luck NewToChicago with your planning. I will do a trip report when we return in May. Looking forward to our trip very much.

Kilkenny, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: kilkenny or not

Kilkenny is a medieval paradise. What about coming horse racing at Gowran Park as part of your visit to Kilkenny - we will be racing on Sun May 6th & Thursday May 17th. Free Shuttle Bus from Kilkenny City Centre every race day - see www.gowranpark.ie

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: kilkenny or not

Thank you Gowranpark for letting me know you have this event on, if we can time it we certainly will try and pop in. Kind regards Bells

14. Re: kilkenny or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:17