We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hen

Which Limerick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
hen

Going on my hen the august weekend and just wanted to check out the best pubs to go to?

We are staying in the Clarion Suites, got an excellent deal.

Dinner at Texas Steakout, found it hard to get a booking for 20 they took the booking.

So what pubs/clubs best to go to. Most of the group are in 30's.

Any late bars instead of night clubs but would like to know night clubs too.

Thanks

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hen

BabeR. Beanalainn is in France at the moment, so she may not get to this on time, although Ryano may pick it up

The Clarion suites are not as central as some of the other places like the Marriott, George, Clarion hotel and Hilton or even the Absolute, so you may need a taxi after your night on the town.

As another dining alternative (if you can get the booking) consider Luigi Malones :

luigimalones.com/LUIGIMALONES/…index.htm

Also county Clare restaurants Holywell have opened up in a great location over looking the Shannon, with Cafe Vienna (more tradional European food here).

http://www.holywell.net/restaurant/index.asp

Nearby for later on have a look at the busy Clohesseys or Dolans.

peterclohessy.ie/-Peter-Clohessys-Bar.aspx

http://www.dolans.ie/

A short walk away there the Trinity rooms

http://www.trinityrooms.ie/

And within a short walking distance of this club, Nancy Blakes, the Old Quarter and Nevada Smiths - with a great selection of restaurants at the Milk market like Copper and Spice, for anyone that likes Indian.

www.irishmusicbars.com/restdisp.asp…

http://www.oldquarter.ie/pub.html

http://www.copperandspice.com/

Bear in mind for any late risers that some of the best lunch time locations close before 15:00.

limerick
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hen

Hi BabeR,

You cudn't have picked a better place for dinner than the Texas, great value for money and promt service...I'm in my early 30's, my usual haunts would be, Nancy Blakes, Cornmarket,Cuckoo Box, clubs I would recommend are, Icon, kinda mixed ages groups in there but usually 80's night on Saturday nites, r you could try Teds which is every age from 20 up to 60 lol...But Im sure you will have gud fun in where ever you go....Hope you hav a great time here in Limerick...

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,254 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hen

Hi Babe, Hi Ferdia!!

Just back from France earlier this evening.

Luigi Malones is always very busy with Hen Parties. The last time I ate there (not at a hen but in a large group nevertheless) we had a very positive experience. However someone I know had her hen there the same night and found the extreme opposite. The food is good. The Bailey's Ice Creame Creme Brulee (or some variant of these terms - I'd had a couple of teaspoons of wine by this stage!!) is incroyable. As good as the Bailey's Creme Brulee in the Mount Wolseley Hilton in Tullow (and that was the bees knees!!)

Dolans is also good for gigs www.dolans.ie

Nancy Blakes as previously mentioned is nice but it gets manic on a Saturday night. Queues going down Denmark Street.

The Texas is good. Very central.

The Clarion Suites is about a mile from town in a very safe area (nice area) so if you're wearing the high heels, get some taxis ordered. Treaty Hackney Cabs are good. Their Number is 061 415566 and this page gives you details of their office location in Davis Street in Limerick

www.goldenpages.ie/detailsSearch.ds…

Have a great time.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hen

Unless you are going to a gig in Dolans I would suggest not to go there as it is slightly out of the centre of town. Clohessys is always busy at weekends and the sinbin nightclub downstairs is always popular with hens. The crowd here tends mostly to be 25-35 but polular with other age groups too.

nancy Blakes is the busiest and most popular bar in town. Aubars is also busy. new niteclub opened recently called Angel Lane( formerly the Market) and was good the once I was there. Icon club also good.

Texas Steakout always has good reports for food but once friends of mine booked it for 8 people and 7 showed up and they charged them 20E for the person who didnt show up so If you have it booked for 20 people and there are less of you there make sure first that you will not be charged for the no shows.

Clarion Suites si about a 12 min walk to the centre. a bus goes in every half hour to town and the stop for into town is 100m left as you come out the gate of the hotel. The stop for the way out is in front of the hotel. Bus stops at 9pm i think. Taxi number is 313131.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hen

Well we are booked into the Clarion Suites & Steakout so wont be going anywhere else now.

Thanks for the list of pubs, have to look them up on my map now. The 80's night sounds great!!

How much is it usually for a taxi/hackney from the Clarion Suites area?

Thanks

Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hen

It's only about 6-7 euro for a taxi. You could get 2 mini buses, ask at the reception of the Clarion.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hen

Ryno - thanks alot. Just want a rough idea of prices. Thanks, looking forward to it now...

Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hen

Ye will have a great night out. Limerick is buzzing at weekends. Try and not wreck the place k..

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hen

Ah we are very sensible... I will have 2 older ladies and 2 pregnant ladies with me so we wont wreck the joint!! Too mature for that carry on ;)

Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hen

Thats 4 only.. I can see the other 16 going nuts.. I better stay in that weekend.

Get answers to your questions about Limerick