We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Which Limerick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wayne, new jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

We are two couples thinking of signing up with Sceptre Tours and were wondering if anyone out there has had experience with their B&B's - it is a fantastic package since we want to combine hiking and sightseeing- most companies do not provide both. We just aren't sure about the quality of their B&B's

. Our other question is what route would anyone suggest since we have never been to Ireland - although we are researching it, advice would be greatly appreciated. At the moment we are flying into Dublin. Remember we have to include hiking.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
859 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Can't help with the B&Bs but try this site for hiking trails http://www.hillwalkireland.com/

Most of the trails mentioned are in the west and south west of the country. If you choose these areas you might be better off flying into Shannon www.shannonairport.ie

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Give us an example of some of the B&B's proposed (or a link to the tour website) and we can comment better.

wayne, new jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

It is http://www.sceptretours.com - if you go to that sight click on the Green bar that say's B&B then you click on maps and they have icons where all their guesthouses are. Hotels are available as well - obviously in Dublin we would stay in a Hotel - thinking about staying in Dublin, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Kilkenny, Kinsale, (not all - not sure which is the best wanting to sightsee and hike)We are very flexible and willing to do anything - dates would be around July 29 - Aug. 8 or so. Thanks so much for your suggestions - the package we think is a good deal but can plan this on our own if the sleeping arrangements turn out not to be so wonderful.

wayne, new jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Thanks for the tip we will be sure to check them out.

wayne, new jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Some B&B's I found so far were the Riverview - Village Cork

Kent House - Cork

Ash Grove, Kinsale

Glen Eagles - Limerick

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
859 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Glen Eagles is in Vereker Gardens which is quiet respectable area just 2 minutes walk to the city centre. It gets positive reviews here tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g186621-d623176-…

You might also be interested in hiking here www.ballyhoura.com/bhsection-2.asp…

For more info on Limerick visit www.limerick.ie

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,974 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

Am I right to think that you will be using vouchers? Vouchers can be difficult at times and you can often get far better deals going on your own.

It is good that you have found locations that accept the vouchers, however it might be worth your while looking at pricing without the vouchers.

Vereker Gardens is just around the corner from the Strand Hotel and they often have good offers as well.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

There are too many B&B's on the Sceptre website for me to trawl through them all. One that I saw for Cork city is OK (looks like it has had a recent revamp), but the location is awful, on one of Cork citys most dismal streets and on street parking outside. If only for one night though should be fine. I agree with Bean A about the vouchers. They seem like the dream solution for visitors here, however, not sure if they work so well in reality. Accommodation managers prefer cash and because of this are likely to give preferance to cash weilding clients!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

@ wendy b

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place, but all I can see on the Sceptre web-site is a list of b&bs and it seems fairly limited choice-wise and location-wise. What exactly does the package provide in way of sightseeing and hiking?

I'm sure that you could arrange your own itinerary and accommodation and get something far better suited to your requirements with some help from Tripadvisor.

You mention that you'll be flying into Dublin; what time of year, and how long do you intend staying in the country?

10. Re: B&B's with Sceptre Tours/Route for hiking and sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 06:18