We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

If anyone is travelling to Limerick over the next three weekends (30th August, 5th - 7th September and 14th September) please be aware that there are a number of big events that will impact on getting around the city and parking in the city.

The first is the Kerry v Mayo match in the Gaelic Grounds on the Ennis Road, on Saturday 30th August - Kick Off at 5pm. The Gaelic Grounds can accommodate in the region of 45,000 and this match is likely to be a sell out. There are a number of Park and Ride Venues, details here mikehynancoaches.ie/LimerickParkAndRide/…

If you are trying to get through Limerick City then avoid the Northside (Ennis Road, Caherdavin, Mayorstone areas). If you are coming from the Galway side or Kerry side and want to avoid all the fun, then use the Shannon Tunnel from the motorway. Toll €1.90 one way.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat or have a drink before or after the match, there are a number of hotels and bars very close to the Gaelic Grounds including The Woodfield House Hotel, The Ardhu Bar and the Greenhills Hotel. There is also a Supermacs restaurant about 100 yards away.

On the weekend of the 5th - 7th September, the Giant Granny will be visiting Limerick and there will be a lot of road closures. Please check these pages if you are going to be in Limerick that weekend. A lot of us will be affected by them royaldeluxelimerick.ie/road-closures-for-roy…

On Sunday September 14th from 10am to 4pm, Limerick City Obstacle Course will stage an event. More information here https:/…

For those of you visiting for any of these events, ENJOY!!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

Well done on the advice, Bean A.

It is great to see Limerick being a hive of activity and great for the economy of the city.

ireland
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

Just seen this , are the city buses re routed?? Had planned on getting city bus to childers rd retail part sat am around 11am. No mention of the city uses

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

This is a link to what is happening with Bus Services over the weekend www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php…

More transport information here royaldeluxelimerick.ie/the-story#bus-and-rail

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

Hi, i am not used to doing this so please forgive me if im wrong,

we are flying into shannon on the 20 we have to pick someone up at the airport on tuesday morn at 7. this is what i have going and could use some help. sunday at dromorland, nothing for sat when we come in or where to go and need something for monday night. thought about taking the less expensive route at the inn at dromorland since we have to leave so early on tuesday. we are heading to the aran island then the night at greagans. on wed we are heading to kenmare. but any suggestions on when we get in? limerick?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

@nellevb

Welcome to TA Ireland Forum. May I suggest you go to Ireland Travel Forum, slowly scroll down, on the left> select forum, click on, I suggest you put in Ireland. On the right is a yellow box> ask a question. Click on,

You choose a title> example "" Help with my Itinerary.""

In the larger box, put in details, date of arrival, what locations you need assistance with, Airport info, type of accommodations, budget in euro, (you can google this on-line).

We are all here to assist you in planning a magical & memorable visit in Ireland.

Please let us know if you need further info with starting a new thread.

I am sending you a PM to check the forum.

Kind Regards,

Keshgrammy

Edited: 14 September 2014, 16:25
6. Re: Limerick Events over the next 3 weekends.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 05:15