We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashford Castle, Dromoland Castle, or Adare Castle????

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ashford Castle, Dromoland Castle, or Adare Castle????

My husband, our 10 month old baby and I are going to Ireland for a week in August. Have combed though the websites of all these castles and am wondering if one is better than the other or all pretty much the same? Looking for a luxury hotel with all the amenities but also lots to do at the resort and great exploring in the area-- for day trips. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited: 23 June 2011, 02:54
ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashford Castle, Dromoland Castle, or Adare Castle????

Dromoland castle would be my favourite by far you have advantage of being within 1 hours drive of cliffs of mother,surfing capital Lahinch , Doonbeg lodge , plus 10 minute drive to Bunratty castle & knappogue castle , bustling town of ennis & your base is an outstandind castle with amazing staff & accomodation enjoy!!!

Galway
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashford Castle, Dromoland Castle, or Adare Castle????

If its not too late, Ashford would be my choice, as I have stayed in both Ashford and Dromoland. Ashford's location is spectacular, on Lough Corrib, and you can walk to the cute little village of Cong. Dromoland is near Newmarket on Fergus, but not much on offer there. My second choice would be Adare, as that is in the most scenic little village of thatched cottages. The service in Ashford is much more five star than Dromoland. Can't speak for Adare as I have not stayed there. Ashford is on route to Connemara, and very scenic countryside. Good luck.

3. Re: Ashford Castle, Dromoland Castle, or Adare Castle????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 17:18