We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's on in Mayo North!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
16,190 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
What's on in Mayo North!

For the Co. Mayo fans! Just came upon this site, What's on in Mayo North, www.northmayo.com/whats-on-in-mayo/

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's on in Mayo North!

Great link, the " in Hubert's footsteps" was on this weekend, it was fabulous. Well done to all who took part in organising it and getting the town prepared. The town looked so well. I really hope this is going to be a regular occurance.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,190 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's on in Mayo North!

crazeedaisy, A full dressed re-enactment? Was Ballina crowded? Keshgrammy

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's on in Mayo North!

Yes, I work in the town and it was amazing to see the " french soldiers" marching around. The re-enactment was done a few times, we went in today and Pearse street was wedged, it was a beautiful day and there was a great athmosphere. Just behind the old ( British) barracks there's an area that's been worked on for the last while, there was military camps, stalls ( including pooteen!!) and lots of information boards, it was really well done. There was a lot more going on these last few days that I don't fully know about. Between this and the salmon festival ( with the reintroduction of the Madi gras this year) Ballina has a lot to offer at this time of year. :-)

Do you visit this area Keshgrammy while you're in Mayo?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,190 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's on in Mayo North!

I take the N26 up, love the drive. Ballina, has become very busy on Saturdays, different feel than, Castlebar. Love the old stone bridges, & the Moy.

Edited: 29 June 2014, 23:32
5. Re: What's on in Mayo North!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2016, 14:18