We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Well, you all received my email that I sent when I was in Westport, so I'll make this brief. After Omey Island we stopped at Kylemore...just to take a picture...lovely place for us!

We arrived in Westport for our 2 night stay at Linden Hall. The young owners of this B&B (the only one in town that took vouchers) were just absolutely fun, fun, fun! Steve is putting our picture on his web site...he's just so nice! I definitely recommend this B&B. We had a lovely room (1 flight up) with a comfortable double bed, and large bay window overlooking the street.

My choices for restaurants were limited and PLEASE NOTE....many that were recommended on here (Lemon Peel, etc) were closed during this time of year. But we had a lovely lunches Joe Cosey's (very reasonable) and and The Helm...if in town, drive to this location or take a taxi...it's a long walk to the quay and a steep hill. Also had a very nice dinner at an Italian restaurant (Mediterraneo) down a narrow street across from Matt Malloy's.

Matt Malloys had trad music @ 9:30 every night, but arrive around 8:30ish to get a seat.

There's an internet cafe (Gavin's Video) that charged 1 euro for each 10 minutes, or 1 hour for 5 euro.

And quess what...got my KERRY GROUP jersey at Elvery's there...and it was on sale from 55 Euro to 35 euro. Only thing is it was the "blue" one and I really wanted the "green" to where on St.Paddy's day here...more on that later...Oooow, more suspense! I just love it because it has my name in Gaelic on the back...so awesome!

Only thing is it's the "blue" one and I really wanted the "green" to wear on St. Paddy's day here. Elvery's called around but only Tralee had the green. But, more on that later, Oooow, more suspense! Steve at Linden Hall was so sweet to offer having Tralee Elvery's send it to the Westport one & then he would pick it up and post it to me! Such a wonderful fellow!

We left Westport on 2/15 for our stay in Kinsale...and what a lovely drive that was. More on this in a seperate post.

Mentioned in this post
Linden Hall
Linden Hall
279 Reviews
Westport, Ireland
Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Thanks Cruise. From your post from there it sounds like Matt Molloy's was packed. You'd think The Lemon Peel would be open. I was there either the last week in October or maybe even in November and it was great. So after that hill, you climbed Croagh Patrick in the torrential downpours? Sorry. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Matt Molloy's
Matt Molloy's
343 Reviews
Westport, Ireland
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Right, just ran up Croagh Patrick...not! Hey, I couldn't even make it back into Westport from The Helm down on the quay. Had to hail a cab...Whew...and I wasn't even drinking...or was I? You know how it is on holiday...those days & memories just all run together after awhile! Cheers...

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Theres a nice restaurant in Pontoon overlooking the river moy, very romantic. Its called Healys and I would not recommend staying there as the prices are verh high!

Mentioned in this post
Pontoon
Pontoon
County Mayo, Ireland
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

bump for info for twinkitty

Dublin
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

WOW !!!! Sounds like you are having a fun trip to westport & Ireland. I was there last year and had a brill time. I have relations outside Westport in Lecanvey Just right by Croagh Patrick I will return to climb it some day!!!! enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Hi Lecaney: I wish I was "still there" having fun on my trip, but alas, I'm now back in Orlando....

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Just to perk you up Cruise..Okay hands up. Who wishes they were in Orlando? I'm one. Salud.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Ha Ha Ha Boru...yes, I can't complain! It's a beautiful day here...sunny, breezy & great temp. I'm sure that's "a lot better" than it is in Westport today...so OK, I'm glad I'm here...just "always want to be on holiday" tee hee. But I am going away for 4 nights to Vero Beach the beginning of May.

Oh, and not to get everyone jealous, but I was just invited for the 2 night inaugural on Royal Caribbean's new ship...the "Freedom of the Seas"...largest ship in the world! So, I just better shut my trap for now & not be day dreaming about places to be...LOL

Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Ha Ha to you all too it is fabulous weather in Mayo at the minute, really warm and sunny!!!!!

Even though, I would still prefer to be in Orlando!!

Enjoy the summer

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant / Pubs in Westport

Hi irishgal2....hmmmm, where was that lovely "sun" when I was there??? ha ha. Have a wondrful summer. I hope to be back there next year around this time. Hmmmm, do they still have the "peat fires" going in the pubs even though it's getting warmer there??? That's one reason I like going in February....

Get answers to your questions about Westport
Recent Conversations