We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

navan or kilmessan or trim?

new jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
navan or kilmessan or trim?

hello i was actually looking for reviews for the village b and b in kilmessan but am open to staying in any of the other towns that might have trad music and craic on a thurday night..... we will get off the plane at 7 am and grab car-- from what i've read, we will head for newgrange first (although a friend told us about 4 knocks which is closer to dublin..) i'd like to stop at the battle of the boyne site and drive by slane hill and then head to tara - which is why the village looks intriguing.. only problem is their site says there are music pubs nearby but i havent been able to google other info except for the station house which looks pricey (we usually exist on breakfast and pub grub :) with an occasional dinner splurge..... anyway we also want to see Trim castle so figured we'd try to get there too but most likely will see that first in the am as we will head to doolin the next day via clonmacnoise ..... so my next thougth is-- should we stay in trim??? thanks

1. Re: navan or kilmessan or trim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 May 2009, 00:06
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: navan or kilmessan or trim?

Kilmessan is a very small village and I suspect is very limited in terms of pubs, places to eat etc. other than Station House.

Trim is a much larger town with a greater range of options, so I'd stay there. Trim Castle Hotel is a relatively newly built hotel, directly opposite the castle which might be worth checking out. I don't know what pubs in Trim might have Irish music, but if you book a hotel or B&B in the town, thay may be able to suggest a suitable local pub.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: navan or kilmessan or trim?

Hi nurse,

I'm not familiar wuth Kilmessan to stay in it, as said it's tiny. For music I'd stay in Navan or Trim like you suggested and the locals will advise about a good music pub.

As regards, the Fourknocks Vs Newgrange, I'd do Newgrange. heritageireland.ie/en/midlandseastcoast/Brun…

It has the whole show, background, tour etc. Fourknocks is a passage tomb(like Newgrange) but it's just in a field. You must request a key from the land owner if I remember correctly. Hope this helps B

4. Re: navan or kilmessan or trim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 05:36