We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What B&B is open in Sligo/Sligo area on Dec. 29th?

Maine
Level Contributor
39 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
What B&B is open in Sligo/Sligo area on Dec. 29th?

We're driving from Galway on our way to Derry, and plan to visit Carrowkeel and Knocknarea in County Sligo. We will spend a night in Sligo or at least the Sligo area, but I am having trouble finding a place to stay within our price range or that is even open. The hotels within Sligo are too expensive, at least for what they seem to have available on December 29th, and, in general we prefer B&Bs. Does anyone know which B&Bs are open and might have a price range around 30 Euros per person sharing (there are three of us)?

One other question, is Lissadell B&B open then, and if so, does anyone know a website or email address for this place?

Thanks--

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What B&B is open in Sligo/Sligo area on Dec. 29th?

If you know how to do an Internet search you can find the info you require. This is what I found on my search: www.irishfarmholidays.com/ifh/index.cfm… This lists opening times. http://lissadellfarmhouse.com/

Easy, huh?

Maine
Level Contributor
39 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What B&B is open in Sligo/Sligo area on Dec. 29th?

I am looking for the Lissadell B&B on Mail Coach Rd. in Sligo, which is supposed to be a "10-minute walk south east of the town of Sligo" as described by a Lonely Planet guidebook (2004). It is not the Lissadell Farmhouse about which you have presented information, whose website says it is, "7 miles" from Sligo, and, to the north west.

Thank you for your attempt to help, but unfortunately it is the wrong information. Perhaps the place mentioned in the Lonely Planet in 2004 is no longer around. (Yes, I am well aware that guidebooks are up to date only when they go to print and not even when you read them. It was a library book and a good place to start.)

I am still open to and looking for friendly suggestions to my first question about open B&Bs in the Sligo area. I have been searching for hours online for the last few weeks.

I'm sure we all experience the overload of information, and sometimes inaccurate information, to be found on the internet. At least here at tripadvisor.com, there is a possibility for a community of people who, in good faith, can share their experiences and suggestions.

Thanks.

3. Re: What B&B is open in Sligo/Sligo area on Dec. 29th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:21
Get answers to your questions about County Sligo