We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guided tours of sligo

Which Sligo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lambton shores
3 posts
Save Topic
guided tours of sligo

Iam planning a month in Sligo for genealogy research. Are there any week long package tours of Sligo? I had a wonderful weeklong tour of Leitrim last year in April.I not wish to drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guided tours of sligo

I am not sure about package tours of Sligo, you can check this out with www.sligotourism.com

For genealogy Sligo has its own roots webpage, suggest that you google: www.rootsweb.com

lambton shores
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: guided tours of sligo

Thanks for the info.I am aware of both sites and use them often. I am looking for a week tour that is centered in Sligo only. Most tours cover several counties.Perhaps a local historian or genealogist would be interested.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guided tours of sligo

I am not sure of tours for Sligo, but suggest that you contact whoever it was you spoke to in Co. Leitrim and ask them about the Sligo region because it is quite close in proximity.

The address that I have for the Sligo Genealogy centre is:

Aras Reddan,

Temple Street,

Sligo. Tel.(071)43728

Failing that I am sure that the library service will help you.

Also worth checking out: http://www.irish-roots.ie

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guided tours of sligo

Try www.discoversligo.com

5. Re: guided tours of sligo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 06:26