We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touch-Tone Phones?

Which Sligo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Touch-Tone Phones?

Are phones in hotels, and pay phones, touch-tone? I know this may sound silly, but I need to know because I will need to call the U.S. from a touch-tone phone when visiting Sligo. Thank you for your help.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touch-Tone Phones?

Have you booked your accommodation in Sligo yet? If so you could ask whether your hotel/B&B has a touch-tone phone for the use of their guests. If they don't they might be able to tell you where you could use one.

You could also try to contact Eircom (Irish phone company) under general.info@eircom.net and enquire.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touch-Tone Phones?

All residential and office phones installed in Ireland in the last 15-20 years have been touch tone so unless you find some B&B with antique telephones you should be OK. I remember that payphones seem to have the tonepad disabled for some reason (maybe fraud?) - I haven't used one in years so I'm not sure what is the current situation. Also payphones are not as common as they used to be as Ireland has as many mobile phones as people....

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touch-Tone Phones?

Yes we've had phones in Ireland for quite some time now. :(