We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

West Virginia
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

I'm planning a return visit to Ireland over Christmas this year (Dec 21-28) to do some family tree research in Clogheen, County Tipperary. I'm finding that many hotels/inns (The Inch House, The Old Convent) are all closed over Christmas. I'm looking for recommendations of comparable properties to the ones mentioned that would be available over the holidays. Obviously will have to stay outside the Clogheen area, so willing to travel 30-45 minutes away for lodging. Basically 4 star hotels/inns. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There will be 3 adults and two teenagers. Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

I doubt if the two hotels in Mitchelstown will be open either but you could check (Clongibbon and Firgrove). Probably best accommodation choice for you would be Clonmel which is 8 miles from Clogheen and only 25 minute drive. Have a look for hotels there, it's a fine town.

Have a look here tripadvisor.ie/Tourism-g212095-Clonmel_Count…

Edited: 26 February 2014, 20:56
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

My apologies, made a mistake there. It's 16 miles from Clogheen to Clonmel, a journey of 40 minutes

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

Clonmel has the Clonmel Park- built in the middle of the retail park and road on all sides and the Hotel Minella family run , a little eccentric in spots.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

Have you tried here?

http://www.ballyboy-house.com/index.html

West Virginia
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland

Thank you so much. I've emailed the Ballyboy House. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Reply to: Christmas Accommodations in Ireland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about County Tipperary