We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New toll road - Waterford

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New toll road - Waterford

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get from the cork road in Waterford to Carrick on suir using the new toll road and also is it well signposted?

I would normally go the back road and over the fiddown bridge but this is closed for the next two weeks so I think this is the quickest way to get to there?

Any help is really appreciated

thanks!

Katy

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New toll road - Waterford

The new road is well signposted, but its a bit of a long way round from the N24 to the Cork Road. I can't see how else you would do it though, unless you ignored the new road and went over the old bridge, but then you have traffic issues in rush hour.

You have to head left off the N24 to get to the roundabout that will bring you onto the new by-pass and over the new bridge. Unfortunately I haven't done that particular route (the Fiddown bridge and Kilmeanden makes much more sense) so I can't picture the turn-offs, but you need to head for the Ring Road, you will see B&Q on your left and that is the Cork road in front of you.

2. Re: New toll road - Waterford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about County Waterford