We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dungarvan B & B???

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dungarvan B & B???

Hello!

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good B & B in Dungarvan? I'm looking for seafront/central location, within walking distance of The Tannery Restaurant, clean, good breakfast and not costing the earth. I know the Tannery has their own Townhouse which is just gorgeous but it's €70 per person sharing minimum and was hoping for cheaper than that.

Any suggesti ons welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Hi Uisce. I asked a friend from there about this place and he said it's nice. Cheers. http://www.cairbrehouse.com/

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

I am staying at the Cairbre House next week. I'll let you know waht it's like when I get back.

Paul G.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

I meant to say that Gulf. :-) If you want to splurge, The Tannery is really good too. That one I've been to. It's owned by that friend's friend. Enjoy.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Thanks a million guys, I've eaten in the Tannery and stayed in their townhouse, both were worth every single penny, well worth it. Which is why I'm hoping to get back, asap!

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Cairbre was fantastic. Best breakfasts of our entire two week trip. Brian is the consumate B&B host. Grows his own herbs and vegatables and picks and cooks breakfast with them.

There are no more unique and beautiful gardens anywhere we visited including any castle, city square or manor house. I can't say enough good things. Tell Brian the Garvins said hello.

Paul G.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Ah. Very cool. Thanks Gulfstream. Cheers.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Oh. What did you think of Dungarvan in general? Thanks again.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

I liked it. It is a very small town. It is a mix of old and new. It has a great little waterforont dining and pub walk. We stayed there for a couple of reasons.

We wanted to stay someplace quiet after three days in Dublin. We knew we would be going on to Killarney from there, so we needed to be in between Dublin and Killarney, and we wanted to be on the coast. Also, we planned on golfing, and the Gold Coast Golf Club has ablsolutely amazing views of Dungarvan bay and the Atlantic ocean. You literally play most of the course along the water. We also wanted to be close to the Waterford Crystal factory, so that we could do the tour and buy some pieces that we needed to replace from home. Cairbre House in about 25 minutes from the factory.

So it just kind of worked out that when we added all of those things together, we ended up in Dungarvan. We were not sorry that we stayed there. Cairbre House was one of the highlights of our trip. A very quiet relaxing stop in the midlle of two pretty frenetic weeks of vacationing. And, I kid you not when I say that the breakfast is by far superior to anything I have had in any B&B with the possible exception of the Cumberland in Asheville NC.

Paul G.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

Hi. I liked it too, for that two toned feel of it. There's the water part and then you turn the corner and are suddenly in a town. Thanks.

Wicklow
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dungarvan B & B???

We are staying in Dungarvan at the minute in the beautiful Mountain View House in O'Connell Street, just a walk away from the Tannery Restaurant. This house is amazing, with wonderful large bedrooms and fab breakfasts, it's very old - built in 1815 with a long history, all on the web-site.

Oh, a bonus, there's tons of parking here. Our hosts Tom and Breda who makes wonderful brown bread are a treasure, and we are now using their computer to source accommodation, hence finding this site!!

This house is well worth a visit!!!

Get answers to your questions about County Waterford