We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ramada viking hotel

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
191 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
ramada viking hotel

can anyone tell me if this is close to the city centre... we are thinkin of bookin but obviously dnt want anything too far away from the city

thanks in advance

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ramada viking hotel

No, its a long walk out from the city, right on the edge of the city. If you don't have a car do not consider it unless you are prepared to taxi to and fro, as the buses do not go as far as it. It may well be a very nice hotel, I haven't been into it (there's a thought, must go and have a look) but its stuck on a new bit of ring road along with car showrooms and industrial/large retail places. Even if you were very fit and wanted to walk (about an hour to the town centre walking) there is no footpath for the first half mile or so. I imagine a taxi would cost you about €12 /€15, but thats a guess.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ramada viking hotel

DublinGirl. If you want a cheap hotel in Waterford, the Travelodge is much closer than the Ramada and would be within reasonable walking distance, or much cheaper taxi ride.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ramada viking hotel

Which is nearer to the Holy Cross Inn - Travel lodge or Ramanda??

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ramada viking hotel

The holy Cross Inn is on the Cork road on the outskirts of waterford about 4 miles from the city centre. The Ramada is just over three miles from the city centre on the same road. The Travellodge is about a mile and a half from the city centre, on the same road.

So it is just under a mile from the Ramada to the Holy Cross and about two ad a half miles from the Travellodge to the Holy Cross.

It would not be safe at all to walk from the Ramada to the Holy Cross, it is a fast main road with very variable hard shoulders and no footpath. It would be safe enough to walk to the city from the Travellodge during the day - there are footpaths, but I am not sure you would want to be walking there at night.

Hope you can follow that!

5. Re: ramada viking hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Waterford