We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tramore self catering

Which Waterford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wicklow ireland
1 post
Save Topic
tramore self catering

I am planning on heading to tramore 1 adult and 4 kids this summer 08. anybody got any recommondations of where to stay.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tramore self catering

Bump! Bump!

Sorry I can't recommend anything as i have never self catered there :-)

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tramore self catering

Will get back to you with suggestions. I started an answer yesterday but lost it, and didn't retype it as I am not feeling too good (just a cold but doing weak and feeble, get the violins out!)

Very briefly, from memory, there are the Pebble Beach holiday houses, which would probably be the best bet, they have a web site. 3 caravan sites, the best of which would be Newtown Cove, though its away from the main beach, or Atlantic View or Fitzmaurices, both of which are more central but I imagine would be noisier. www.tramore.net/accommodation/caravan/44/

ah, a website with all the accommodation on. Its a new site so some bits of info are a bit incomplete. It includes holiday apartments also. If you want further info about any of them I will do my best, I will go and look at Pebble Beach to see does it still look like the pictures!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tramore self catering

There is more, probably, better, self-catering options at Dunmore East.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tramore self catering

But Dunmore East doesnt have the swimming pool and the fairground and Runamuk - adventure centre for younger children!

Mullingar
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tramore self catering

Hi. Stayed in Pebble Beach couple of years ago. Great accommodation. Clean and safe!Outdoor play areas dotted around it.Within walking distance of everything! Can even get take-aways delivered to your house! Tramore great for kids. Beach Excellent. Waterworld fab and right next door. Lots of places to eat. Great choice,Chinese,Indian,Pizza,Burgers....Found a pub/(hotel?) with a nightclub underneath that has family entertainment nightly from 8pm to 10pm.Kids loved it and it meant wegot out for a while too, to unwind and have a jar.Can't remember name of it.

Thinking of going there this year ourselves. Pebble Beach caters for five but will be six of us. Probably rent a house as three teens with us (help).

Enjoy your holiday.

limerick
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: tramore self catering

stayed in seafield holiday homes for past 2 years, beautiful houses, very quiet area, only 10 minute walk away from fun fair.

beachside appartments are also very nice appartments, and right on the seafront.

both very reasonable.

O'sheas hotel is a great place for family entertainment, they have bands on every night over the summer months, and all the famiy are welcome there.

good luck with the 3 teenagers, i brought 4 teens with me last year, and am bringing 3 this year, for my sins. ha ha.

seriously, tramore is fantastic for teens and younger children, just be prepared to sell your soul. ha ha

Limerick
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tramore self catering

Hi there,

Have a look at this site and click on page 5, there are some nice self catering properties here that may suit your needs.

www.irishselfcateringhomes.com/County.aspx…

8. Re: tramore self catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 08:22