We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Centre

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,107 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Centre

An old friend of mine is docking for the day in Cobh as part of a round Britain/Ireland cruise. He wanted to go to Waterford Crystal years ago and if it was still the old factory tour then I wouldn't hesitate using his 1st and possibly only time in Ireland heading East to Waterford.

But is the new centre really worth more than my preference to take him to Sheeps Head and Beara?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Centre

I'm voting for Sheeps Head and Beara. Remember to factor in a 2 hour journey each way to west Cork, ti would be less to Waterford.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Centre

I have done the new factory tour and it is easily as interesting as the old tour and very enjoyable. Whether you would drive from Cobh for it is another matter. Its a nice drive and there is some great scenery on the way, especially around Dungarvan and through the mountains, but it's 2 hours each way, and if you were to cut down to the Copper Coast after Dungarvan it could take even longer, though its a lovely drive.

The east of Ireland can't compete with the wild and rugged of the West, but there is some lovely scenery, more green and trees and rolling farmland, and Waterford is looking well these days, and with great plans for the future.

3. Re: Crystal Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 08:27