We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterford crystal factory

Level Contributor
516 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
waterford crystal factory

Looking thru the Frommer's "Ireland Day by day" guide and they say that the factory is closed (well as of the publication date-2010). Has it re-opened? I was thinking of fitting in a possible tour of the factory when we are there in May.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterford crystal factory

Recently discussed here: tripadvisor.com/…38215765 .

We are planning a visit to their visitors center for the tour in late April.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,907 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waterford crystal factory

Was there last September, just as good as the old tour.

Use the discount 2 for 1

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterford crystal factory

Here's the link www.waterfordvisitorcentre.com

Edited: 04 February 2012, 21:46
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waterford crystal factory

Hi GalViolet

I would indeed encourage you to take the tour of the Crystal showroom. The tour takes approx 50mins and costs around €10.

In the blowing dept your are about 10 - 15 feet away from the craftsmen and in the marking,cutting and engraving depts you are at the artisans shoulder observing everything in great detail.

There's an opportunity on the tour to see all the commemorative pieces be made for events such as the Olympics and 9/11 to major sporting trophies for golf, formula 1 and NFL.

There is no obligation to purchase anything and definately no hard sell. Should you wish to buy, the tour finishes in the showroom where you can see more crystal on display.If you do not wish to take the tour the showroom is free and you can wander around at your own pace.

Tours begin at 10.30am.

Enjoy your trip.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterford crystal factory

And there's the cafe too, gorgeous cakes and I noticed a good selection of gluten free ones last time I was in.

6. Re: waterford crystal factory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Waterford