We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

Kansas City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

We will take the bus from Cork to Waterford and then later that evening train from Waterford to Dublin. We want to spend the afternoon in Waterford and see the new Crystal store/factory. We are trying to figure out where to storage 3 suit case size luggage pieces. The train and bus stations say they do not offer storage. Please offer any ideas.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

Go for it Belle! Like the adage says, "Find a need and fill it." Capitalism at it's best. I'd be your first customer. Thanks for your input.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

That's true about the Rail station, you need to enquire at the Bus station (about half way along the quay.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

Additional info. Irish Rail just responded to my email query.

"There are no official left luggage facilities in these stations but I am sure they would be able to accommodate you in these stations once there is not too much luggage."

I think I'll be ok. Since I'll have a bus pass, I'll be able to take a bus to where I need to go locally.

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

An advertised left luggage facility in Waterford would be a very good idea. In 2009 when travelling from Co. Kildare to Rosslare by train for the Fishguard ferry we were able to leave our case in the room (think they also did parcels at the time) at the railway station, go over the city for a bite to eat and a look round the shops and back to the station in time for the train. Being able to leave luggage is definitely a big plus. Without wishing to go off topic there are few places that seem to do left luggage these days. None in Wexford town as far as I know though out at Rosslare ferry terminal there are self-service left luggage lockers.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

Additional Information from Tourism Ireland:

Thank you for contacting Tourism Ireland. I have called the bus stations and in Waterford the sweetshop at the station will take your luggage. In Cork there is a building behind the bus station which will take your luggage, you can ask at the station for the directions.

I hope this is the information you are looking for, if not, please do not hesitate to contact Tourism Ireland or give us a call at 800-SHAMROCK.

Kansas City...
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

thanks

17. Re: Where can I store lugage for a few hours in Waterford?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:16