We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dungarvan lunch time eats

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Topic
Dungarvan lunch time eats

Hey Mary99ireland (and anyone else) !!

Short notice. I'll be in lovely Dungarvan tomorrow at lunchtime. Any ideas for nice lunch time eats? Price? Doesn't really matter once it's nice. Pub / restaurant or cafe.

We would be willing to drive a few miles outside the town if necessary.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,661 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

If you are willing to drive, bar food in the Cliff House in Ardmore is fab. Merrys used to be good, in the town itself, but haven't been for a while.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Hi Harvey, thank you. I was in cliff house recently so will skip this time and YES - you are right, it was.

I'll have a look at the Merrys menu when there and see if it's still as good as it was. Merrys doesn't appear to have it's own website (am I wrong?).

Cheers.

Edited: 03 May 2013, 20:38
Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

I ate in the the Bagel bar the two times I've grabbed lunch there, but than I was hungry and I went with a chain. *red face*

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Hi Bryno, i believe that Merry,s has just won the best gastro pub award. I havn't eaten there for some time and I think the menu has changed since i was there. You might also consider the Moorings which is on the quay. They serve in the bar but also have a restaurant. This might get a bit packed with the maritime festival but should have a great atmosphere. Another restaurant worth considering is Crews which is a bistro type restaurant.. and then of course is the famous Tannery, probably need a reservation, not too sure about that.

Outside town the Clonea Strand hotel has just reopened after the winter. I am sure there will be loads of more suggestions. From one Corkie to another have a great weekend.

Belle

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Is the maritime festival on this weekend? (Oh Nooooooooooooo). We're only going to buy some kitchen furniture <red face>

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Tarry, thanks for the input, but I WON'T be eating at a bagel bar tomorrow. My flippin' kitchen is like a bagel bar !!!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Thats forgivable, its the first one and dungarvan isnt the greatest at promoting itself. Check out the tall ship while your here.

belle

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Thats forgivable its the first one. Dungarvan isnt the greatest at promoting itself. Check out the tall ship while you are here, its great.

Belle

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

Thats forgivable, its the first one and dungarvan isnt the greatest at promoting itself. Check out the tall ship while your here.

belle

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dungarvan lunch time eats

OOps, I seem to have a stutter :)