We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for Sunday visit please

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for Sunday visit please

We are staying at The Cliff House in Ardmore. This will be our second time and we have explored the area around Ardmore before. We will be flying back to the UK from Waterford at 4pm on Sunday. We will have a hire car so we are thinking of leaving Ardmore about 10am and driving to Waterford City to have a look around. Being Sunday, I imagine most things will be closed but if anyone has any suggestions of places to visit/scenic spots along the way that would be great. I have been to the Waterford Crystal shop/museum before which was great but I do not need to repeat visit. Any suggestions welcomed.

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
829 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for Sunday visit please

Hello. County Waterford is awesome with many excellent things to do and see. As you head to Waterford city, you could always stop for a visit to Mahons Falls, which is gorgeous, and is north of Dungarvan. Or you could drive the beautiful Copper Coast, driving on the R675 from Dungarvan to Tramore. As for things in Waterford city itself, if I remember correctly, both Reginalds Tower and the Bishops Palace are open about 1100, certainly by noon, and both are worth a visit. Not for your trip to Waterford, but if you never have visited Youghal, do try to fit that in during your stay. Very nice city walking tour with some interesting things to see in town. Also during your stay, if you never have been to Lismore, a very nice town, consider a visit to Lismore castle and gardens. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for Sunday visit please

I also think the museums open at 11 on Sunday.

We haven't done this yet, but Jack Burtchaell's walking tour (leaves from the Tourist Office at 11:45) has been highly recommended.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for Sunday visit please

Thank you for the great suggestions. I have decided to see Mahon Waterfalls on way to Ardmore, Blackwater cruise/Youghal sightseeing on Saturday and Jack Burtchaell's walking tour/Waterford city sightseeing on Sunday. With the sun shining, promises to be a great weekend. Can't wait!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for Sunday visit please

We had a brilliant time in Waterford and surrounding areas. We went to Youghal where there was a festival and great atmosphere. We went on the Blackwater Cruise - great way to spend a couple of hours. Tony (skipper/guide) was very entertaining and we loved Pharaoh! We also did Jack Burtchaell's walking tour. What a great tour and very knowledgeable guide. Due to a late inbound flight we never got to see Mahon Waterfalls but we'll do that next time! Thank you for your suggestions.

5. Re: suggestions for Sunday visit please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Waterford